Look for The HB Business Journal - The Evolution of our Pier Review Print Publication
The Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce is improving its communication tools in an effort to increase engagement and awareness with the business community and our investors. The first step is the evolution of our print publication, Pier Review
, which has been rebranded as The HB Business Journa
l. The distribution and reach of The HB Business Journal has increased from 1,500 to approximately 15,000 (a 900% increase), with remaining copies that will be available at all Chamber events. This publication is created and sent with the intention of promoting the business community in Huntington Beach, highlighting business news and sharing pertinent Chamber and city updates. The premier issue of The HB Business Journal dropped on Sunday, Feb. 5th in the Sunday edition of The OC Register
. View the digital copy HERE
Huntington Beach Is 2017’s 6th Happiest Place to Live– WalletHub Study
With March 20 being International Day of Happiness, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2017’s Happiest Places to Live.
In order to determine where people in America are most content with their lives, WalletHub’s analysts compared 150 of the largest U.S. cities across 30 key indicators of happiness. The data set ranges from depression rate to income-growth rate to average leisure time spent per day.
Happiness in Huntington Beach (1=Happiest, 75=Avg.)
· 1st– Depression Rate
· 10th– Adequate-Sleep Rate
· 25th– Suicide Rate
· 12th– Sports-Participation Rate
· 4th– Obesity Rate
· 15th– Separation & Divorce Rate
For the full report, CLICK HERE
Check Out the Digital Edition of The Guide Huntington Beach 2017!
View the digital copy HERE
Top Four Benefits of Corporate Training
Corporate training is an investment in your employees, but it is also an investment in your organization's success. Your people are the most important asset your company has, and investing in your human resources pays dividends. A comprehensive training program can allow you to instill essential skills, foster leadership, improve motivation and morale, and build the strongest workforce possible.
Not convinced yet that you should invest in training courses for your staff? Consider these top four benefits of selecting and implementing an effective training program:
- Providing training programs reduces turnover: If your employees feel that you are investing in them, they are much more likely to stick around over the long-term. Training also lets your staff members learn new skills so you can promote from within
- Training improves motivation and boosts morale: When workers learn new skills, this can foster excitement and eagerness to apply that learned knowledge. Your workforce will be motivated and ready to go, rather than bored in stagnant jobs where they never advance
- Corporate training improves productivity: Workers learn better, more efficient ways of accomplishing tasks and your business benefits from increased productivity. You can also foster leadership and teamwork skills through effective business training courses.
- Offering in-house training gives you a competitive advantage: When your staff is constantly learning and implementing new skills, you'll get a leg up on other competitors as your employees put their new knowledge to work to help your business grow.
The Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce has a vast course catalog
so you can identify the skills you want your employees to have and choose the most effective courses for your company. Learn more today about your options for corporate training and about the courses available to you.
IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Most people with household incomes of $54,000 or less can get help to prepare and file a basic tax return for free through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. From February through Tax Day each year, there are hundreds of VITA sites where IRS-certified volunteers help Californians identify all of the tax credits for which they are eligible.
Here are simple ways you can help Californians learn if they are eligible for free tax prep assistance and find VITA locations. Feel free to tailor these messages for newsletters, emails, websites, Facebook, and Twitter:
IRS-certified volunteers want to help eligible Californians prepare their taxes. Find out if you qualify for free tax prep assistance at www.irs.gov/individuals/free-tax-return-preparation-for-you-by-volunteers.
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program helps you maximize your tax return and file for free! Search “VITA” at irs.gov to see if you qualify.
Tax season is in full swing! The IRS and Franchise Tax Board are accepting tax returns for the 2016 tax year, and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program sites are helping qualified people file their tax returns for free. A taxpayer can be sure to claim all available refunds by receiving tax preparation assistance from an IRS‐trained volunteer. Free tax preparation is provided through VITA and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs. Many military bases also provide free tax preparation services to members of the U.S. Armed Forces. For more information about VITA and TCE eligibility and the hundreds of free assistance sites throughout California, go to ftb.ca.gov and click on “Free Tax Help.”